Introduction: Karon Wong

Hi Everyone,

A  little background about me, I’m Karon, I graduated from Simon Fraser University with a Bachelor in Arts in 2009 with a major in Interactive Arts & Technology concentrating in New Media Environments and a minor in Education and Technology.  I am a Media Artist and Designer with extensive experience in designing and developing technological pieces including interactive games, interactive walls and interactive windows. With strong background knowledge in designs, I am proficient in software design life cycles, usability testing, project management, human interaction design, critical analysis, designing electronic games, digital video productions, computer animation and interactive multimedia. My love in designs has led me to pursue my Masters degree at the University of British Columbia in Educational Technology, where I can design and implement everyday technology into learning.  In the near future, I hope to change the perspective of everyday life with new technological designs that can be built into the curriculum especially in healthcare. I currently work as a Computer Lab Facilitator at Vancouver Coastal Health and most of our training modules and further career development courses are all done through online learning. I am hoping that through this course I will be able to learn more about the design principles for the business side of things.

I look forward in having a great semester with all of you.

Cheers,
Karon Wong

Posted in: Uncategorized